“Thankful For You” Social Media Promotion

Giving Thanks

Is there somebody you are thankful for? Share your story and win with our “Thankful for You” social media promotion. Beginning at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, November 11th, Facebook fans of the Island Resort & Casino will be invited to create a post on the Island Resort & Casino’s wall recognizing someone that they are “thankful” for and explaining why they are thankful for them.

Submissions will be accepted through Tuesday, November 25th at 11:59 PM. All submissions received will be entered into a drawing which will be held on Wednesday, November 26th at 1:00 PM at the Island Club. One winner will receive an overnight stay, $40 dinner coupon and a $40 gift certificate to Tangles Casino Salon. The winner will be notified via Facebook.

Rules: All participants must be 18 years of age or older. Submissions must be in good taste as the Island Resort & Casino reserves the right to remove any posts not in good taste.

This promotion is subject to change at management’s discretion.

Comments

1. I am very thankful for my friends. My family moved to a small town, Republic, many years ago miles away from my family. My friends here are my family, both in good times and bad. I have found that no matter where any of our lives are at any point in time, my friends are always there! As we all have grown older, we have grown even closer. We have so much fun together. We Are Family and I am very thankful for all of them!!!

Posted: November 11, 2014 at 9:37 am by Tammy Mattson

2. I’m thankful to my coworkers ay Mercy Medical center in Oshkosh Wi for the excellent care, I just had knee replacement. Dr Jeffrey McLaughlin and his staff did well too. Also to my husband Joe for doing all the little things so I can recover at home. And you at the Island casino for giving me a goal of a trip to you as soon as I’m moving well enough.

Posted: November 11, 2014 at 2:47 pm by Shirley Perzentka

3. I am thankful for many things in my life. I am thankful that I wake up every morning. I am thankful for all my children. They are all special in their own way. Each has proved to me that I didn’t do too shabby of a job raising them They are all caring and have watched over me since my husbands death and would be here at a moments notice if need be. Each calls every day. My son has taken over and checks on me everyday. Sometimes several times a day and always offers his services for anything I need. My four girls are equally as attentive for any of my needs. They are always there when needed. For that I am very thankful and couldn’t ask for anything better. I have cherished their friendship and wonder why all families are not like mine. I am a very fortunate mother.

Posted: November 18, 2014 at 2:14 pm by Marilyn Fritz

4. I am most Thankful for My dad. I am 46 Years old and I have not always made the right choices in My life and even though I know he was disappointed in the way my life was going, he never even hinted to me that he was and he always help me when I needed him which was often at times, But he never said no. Well I can say I have finally turned it around and I feel I am someone now he can be proud of. Even tho I have not thanked him nearly enough or told him How much I appreciate him and Love him I could not have done it without him and his support. I am so very Thankful for My Father.

Posted: November 20, 2014 at 9:01 am by Tammy Stroud

5. I am thankful for my sister, Tammy. She epitomizes what is means to be selfless. She never asks for anything yet gives everything all the while dealing with severe arthritis that she has had since she was 23. In all her daily pain, I have never heard her complain or feel sorry for herself. She has been there for my family through my cancer and our Dad’s cancer this summer and this fall. She is my earth-walking angel!

Posted: November 21, 2014 at 5:48 am by Lisa Slavinski

6. We love the Island Resort and Casino for enternainment and relaxation.

Posted: November 21, 2014 at 8:57 am by Kevin McGrath

7. I am thankful for my husband each and every day. Without him I would have continued down the wrong path in life. He opened my eyes to a world of love and happiness! He is my heart and I love him to the moon and back!

Posted: November 21, 2014 at 3:32 pm by sarah hansen

8. I am thankful for Tom Grant and Melinda Frigard the owners of j@n taxi. They are two incredible people they will go out of their way for their employees. they come in on the weekends at night and dispatch and they bring in a supper for there workers. If something goes wrong they are there in no time flat. if any of there employees or spouse have a problem they are the first to try and help if they can. thank you Tom and Melinda for everything you do you guys are amazing.

Posted: November 22, 2014 at 6:46 am by olivia smith

9. I am very thankful for my daughter Vanessa. Yes, my life would be a whole lot easier. but I didn’t ever think that I’d have her. I was 40 years old without much of a sex life and was very accepting of the fact that I didn’t have any children.I thought throughout my whole pregnancy that I would lose her. I lift heavy objects. Moved from a place all by myself with only little help. I expected the worse. When she was born she was 4 pds 14 oz. (my mom’s biggest baby was 6 pds I was 5) She was perfectly healthy and got to come home with me thank god cause I would’ve been really bonkers. I am VERY thankful for her. She is now 11 months old. I couldn’t imagine going a day without seeing , hearing, touching her I still need a lot of sleep cause since she’s been born I just started taking naps recently when she does but she only sleeps an hour a day. then at night time I stay up til 1am to have some alone time and she wakes up between 7:30 and 8am and a lot of time once or twice a night to be changed or fed. I need a good nights rest!

Posted: November 22, 2014 at 7:29 pm by Nancy Pierce

10. I am thankful for my children who help me physically, financially, and emotionally. Love them with my whole heart.

Posted: November 23, 2014 at 5:25 pm by Patricia Olson Hollo

11. Thankful for my children who help me physically, financially and emotionally. Love them and Thank you Island Resort and Casino for the chance for them to enjoy your hospitality. They live in WI and one in MI with one in FL.

Posted: November 23, 2014 at 5:31 pm by Patricia Olson Hollo

12. I am thankful for my family. I come from a family that grew up in small family business. My parents could not be home much because thye worked to provide a good life for me and my siblings. We all had to work during our young childhood giving up many activities that children do. By I am thankful for my parents for teaching us hard work, self respect and working together make you appreciate all the wonderful things that life has to offer. I am thankful for them bringing us in a God loving home and letting us know that with God in our lives and heart allis possible.

Posted: November 23, 2014 at 5:35 pm by Judy Tellefsen