Culinary Creations From The Executive Chefs at the Island Resort & Casino
Looking for a few new recipes to add to your Thanksgiving Dinner? Try some of these great tasting recipes for your upcoming holiday feast!
Thanksgiving Turkey Brine
Prepared by: Executive Chef, Mark Cardinal
Restaurant: 5 Bridges Steak & Seafood House
1 ½ cups kosher salt (do not use ordinary salt)
1 ½ cups brown sugar
3 teaspoons peppercorns
2 oranges, quartered
3 teaspoons dried thyme
3 teaspoons dried basil
1 ½ gallons water
1. Combine all ingredients in a stock pot, bring mixture to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Allow brine to cool completely.
2. Rise turkey under cool running water, inside and out (remove giblets from cavity). Pat turkey dry with paper towel and then immerse turkey in cooled brine. Turkey should be completely submerged in liquid.
3. Cover the pot and refrigerate for 8-10 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove turkey, rinse, pat dry and roast as usual.
Leek Bread Pudding
Prepared by: Executive Chef, Jay Fehl
2 cups sliced leeks (white and light green parts)
4 tablespoons butter
12 cups – 1 inch cubes of crust-less Pullman loaf
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 teaspoon thyme (fresh)
3 cups whole milk
3 cups heavy cream
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
1. Sauté leeks with butter on low heat until leeks are soft (30 minutes).
2. Toast bread in oven at 350° for about 20 minutes.
3. Toss bread and leeks together in a large bowl. Add chives and thyme.
4. In a 9×13 pan, spread bread and leek mixture out.
5. Whisk eggs, then milk and cream and a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Our half of custard mixture and let soak.
7. Pour remaining custard in pan and then add cheese.
8. Bake 1 ½ hours at 350° until pudding feels set and top is brown.
Cranberry Turkey Panini
Prepared by: Executive Chef, Kristina Pomeroy
Restaurant: Coral Reef Grille
2 slices of Panini bread (or any type of bread that you may like)
5 oz of turkey of your liking
2 oz of cream cheese, room temp
3 oz of dried cranberries
2 slices of Fontina cheese
1. Chop cranberries into small pieces. Blend with softened cream cheese.
2. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
3. Lay down each slice of bread – butter side down.
4. Put a slice of Fontina cheese on each slice of bread.
5. Spread the cranberry cream cheese on each slice of bread.
6. Lay sliced turkey down on one side of the bread.
7. Flip other piece of bread on top of the sandwich.
8. Place sandwich in Panini press and close.
9. Cook until sandwich is well toasted.