If there is any merit to the old analogy that “life is like a race” than we want to go on record by stating that Executive Chef Mark Cardinal and his team in the 5 Bridges Kitchen are in it to win it! With the release of the new 5 Bridges Pub/Steak & Seafood House menu this past Monday, Cardinal and his team show no signs of slowing…. Coming on the heels of the new Firekeeper’s Menu which made its debut back in late December, the newest version of the 5 Bridges menu is certain to keep the competition on their toes.
Slow & Steady Wins The Race
The newest version of the 5 Bridges Menu that was released on Monday marks the third revision to the menu since the restaurant’s opening in 2012. With each revision of the menu, some of the under-performing items are “benched” and a new lineup is introduced. Revising the 5 Bridges menu on a regular basis not only allows Cardinal and his staff to play off of national and local culinary trends, but also allows them to gradually (over time) build a lineup that will take the competition hands down.
The Highlight Reel
While the highlights of the newest menu are far too numerous to mention, there are few standout items that we would like to spotlight!
- Bridges Fry Bread Tostada: Chicken, black beans, tomatoes, red onion, jalapenos & cheddar cheese served on top of warm fry bread.
- Sirloin Steak: 6 oz. Certified Angus Beef® steak grilled to perfection & served with cheddar smashed red potatoes.
- Grilled Pear & Chicken Flatbread: Poached pear, grilled chicken, red onion and brie cheese topped with apple vinaigrette.
- Cioppino: Lobster, scallops, crab claws in a rich tomato & seafood broth with red potato & finished with a grilled crostini.
- Scallops: Pan seared scallops served on a white bean ragout & finished with fresh basil oil.
- Chef’s Three-Course Tasting: Served on Wednesdays & Sundays, the Chef’s Three Course Tasting is created by the chef and paired with wine or beer.
We invite you to check out the new menus for yourself! They can be viewed by visiting our website at https://www.islandresortandcasino.com/dining/5-bridges-steak-seafood-house. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to post them here on the blog or better yet, be sure to ask your host/hostess the next time you’re visiting the 5 Bridges!