Are you ready for grooves smoother than the desert sands and heavier than the great pyramids? You’d better be, because…Here Come The Mummies! The Island stage becomes an oasis of funk this spring when these preserved prodigies bust out of their musical crypt.
Terrifying Funk From Beyond the Grave
Here Come The Mummies have been delivering their unique brand of fear-drenched funk (or is it funk-drenched fear?) since 2000AD. No one knows who these incognito instrumentalists are, but there is plenty of speculation.
Legend suggests they are the reincarnated souls of Grammy-winning studio musicians, hiding from the record company pharaoh. They wrapped themselves to escape their contracts and now run rampant across the undead music circuit.
Others posit the Mummies were the diabolical fever dream of Scott Baio. Regardless of their ominous origins, the Mummies are ready to bring the jams like no band has in 5,000 years.
A Line Up for the Centuries
Eleven talented terrorizers decompose this group, giving them a sound fuller than an Egyptian moon in October. The decaying dossier includes:
- Mummy Cass: guitar, vocals, luthifer
- Eddie Mummy: drums, vocals, beats/ beets
- K.W. TuT: bass, spores, vocals
- Spaz: keys, arthritis, synth, vocals
- The Pole!: bass, period.
- Midnight Mummy: bari & tenor sax, keys, percussion, talk box, your mom, vocals
- The Flu: alto sax, clarinet, flute, notes of allspice and star anise
- Mummy Rah: tenor sax, moves
- H.P.O.D. (High Priest of D.E.A.T.H.): trumpet, deafening squeals
- (Dr.) Mummy Yo: bari, tenor, & alto sax, vocals, hangin’
- Mummy Highlander: alto & tenor sax, the malocchio
With all this talent on one stage, expect your brains to blow and your face to melt. These sultans of smooth take no prisoners.
The Proof Is in the Papyrus
Lest you doubt the monstrous melodies and rancid rhythms Here Come The Mummies are capable of dropping, we’ve provided a putrefying preview. Delve into the ancient online archives for a sampling of their sinister songcraft and innuendo-laden lore. Non-believers enter at their own risk:
Once Here Come The Mummies grab you, there’s no turning back; you’re in their power. Find out more at https://herecomethemummies.com/.
Put the Ankh Back in Funk
Don’t curse yourself, catch Here Come The Mummies while you can. Get your tickets before there’s standing tomb only.