April showers are bringing more than just May flowers! Check out our events and promotions for the month of May to see exactly what spring is going to bring to the Island!
Vera Bradley Mother’s Day Gifts
May 1st thru May 11th
May 1st through May 11th, female Island Club members who earn 250 each day can visit a kiosk for a chance to win Vera Bradley items or be registered to win one of 5 special Vera Bradley sets. Vera Bradley drawings will be held May 12th at 9:00 AM.
Table Game of the Month
May 1st thru May 31st
Our featured table game for the month of May is Roulette. Every Tuesday & Friday, we will be holding random $20 hot seat drawings! In addition, all Island Club Members who play Roulette and use their cards will automatically be put into a drawing for a chance to win $250. Limit 1 registration per day per person. Drawing to be held at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on June 1st.
Revvin’ It Up For Racing
Saturday, May 3rd
Rev It Up For Racing by attending our 4th annual car show on Saturday, May 3rd from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm Eastern Time. Held in the parking lot of the Island Resort & Casino, cars, trucks and minisprints from all divisions at each track will be on display. All race teams are welcome. Register at the casino beginning at 10:00 AM for a $100 gas card for fan favorite for each division.
Visit the Coke truck for refreshments and special drawings. Register for your chance to win 2 tickets for the August 17th race at the Michigan International Speedway plus $100 gas. $5 promo cash will be given to the first 100 people 18 and older to vote for fan favorite. All attendees will receive a 10% discount from the Coffee & Custard Shop or Signature Subs & Pizza. Visit Signature Subs & Pizza for special race day coupons.
Are You U.P. For Cash
Mondays in May
U.P. residents be sure to visit us each Monday in April for our “Are You U.P. For Cash” promotion! Earn 100 points on your Island Club card and visit any kiosk for your chance to win $1,000 cash or other casino offers. Cash drawing will be held at 9:00 AM the following Tuesday each week. Need not be present to win.
May Senior Days
Wednesdays in May
Wednesdays in May are senior days at the Island! The first 250 seniors (55+) who visit the Island Club beginning at 9:00 AM will receive a free plantable seed paper. Visit each week to collect all 4 for your herb garden.
Mother’s Day Brunch
Sunday, May 11th
Join us for our annual Mother’s Day Brunch on Sunday, May 11th. Held in the Island Convention Center from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Eastern Time, brunch will feature:
- Live Action Waffle & Omelet Station
- Chef Carved Strip Loin
- Fresh Fruit Display
- Breakfast Pastries & Dessert Bar
- Chocolate Fountain
- Champagne Fountain
- Make Mom a Mimosa
- Chicken Breast Stuffed with Broccoli & Cheese
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Rice Pilaf
- Vegetable Medley
- Tossed Salad/Assorted Dressings
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Cream Cheese & Fruit Blintz
- Breakfast Bake
- French Toast Bake
- Cheddar Bacon Hash
- Scrambled Eggs
- Bacon & Sausage
The cost for Mother’s Day Brunch is $17.95 for 13 years & older, $8.50 for children ages 5-12 and children 4 & under are free with a paying adult. For reservations, please call the Firekeeper’s Restaurant directly at (906) 723-2086 or toll free at (800) 682-6040.
Spring Wine Dinner
Sunday, May 25th
Held at 6:00 PM in the Island Convention Center, our Spring Wine Dinner will feature:
- Amuse – Grilled lobster on fry bread with an avocado mousse and yellow and red tomato salsa. Wine: Freixenet-Cordon Negro Brut Cava, Spain NV
- Soup – Spring vegetable puree with Greek yogurt. Wine: Canyon Road-Pinot Noir, California 2011
- Salad – Warm dandelion greens with roasted garlic dressing. Wine: Ruffino-Chianti, Garantita, Italy 2011/2012
- Entree – Fire roasted beef tenderloin with succotash and a golden raisin compote. Wine: Darkhorse-Cabernet Sauvignon, California 2011
- Dessert – White chocolate lemon-berry tiramisu. Lemon genoise, white chocolate mascarpone, lemon curd, raspberry gelee and fresh raspberries. Wine: Freixenet-Cordon Negro Extra Dry Cava, Spain NV
Tickets are $50 per person (all inclusive) and guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend. Limited to 100 guests. Tickets can be “Purchased Online” or by phone at 877-ISL-SHOW