If the old adage “saving the best for last” holds any merit, guests of the Island Resort & Casino are in for a treat with the release of a new menu in the Coral Reef Grille. The last in a series of new menus launched within the last year by our Food & Beverage Department, the Coral Reef Grille’s new menu is the result of the efforts put forth by Executive Chef Kristina Pomeroy.
Prior to the release of the new menu, the last revision of the Coral Reef’s offerings took place back in October of 2012. With the launch of Signature Subs & Pizza just over a year ago, Pomeroy found the need to reshape the grille’s menu by removing those items (pizzas & subs) that were being duplicated between the two establishments and replacing them with items that would appeal to the diverse demographic that frequents the grille. Below are just a few highlights from the new Coral Reef Grille Menu.
The most welcomed addition to the new menu in the Coral Reef Grille is breakfast! Serving Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM the breakfast menu features:
- Biscuits & Gravy
- Breakfast Burrito & Hash Brown Triangles
- Egg, Sausage & Cheese Muffin Sandwich & Hash Brown Triangles
- Egg, Bacon & Cheese Croissant Sandwich & Hash Brown Triangles
- French Toast Sticks & Hash Brown Triangles
- Denver Breakfast Panini & Hash Brown Triangles
- Pigs in a Blanket & Hash Brown Triangles
The above items are perfect for the budget conscience guest as each feature is reasonable priced at $5.25. For those with a smaller appetite, side items
are available for purchase ranging from $1.00 to $3.00 in price.
Served from 11:00 AM while supplies last, each day of the week features a different special.
- Monday – Hot Turkey Sandwich
- Tuesday – Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Wednesday – Pot Roast Dinner
- Thursday – 2 House-Made Corn Dogs
- Friday – Reed Hook Beer Battered Shrimp or Beer Battered Cod
- Saturday – Taco Salad
- Sunday – Baked Chicken Dinner
If you haven’t tried our daily specials, we highly recommend trying our famous Baked Chicken Dinner served on Sundays. The chicken dinner is served with mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetable & biscuit for $8.00.
As the highlight of the new menu, the Coral Reef’s Panini’s are an excellent substitute for the pizza and subs that were featured on the previous menu. Panini’s are made with Texas Toast and served with chips. Fries can be added for a nominal charge of $1.00. Featured Panini’s include:
- Turkey Club: Turkey, lettuce, tomato, mayo & bacon
- Dijon Pork: Pulled pork, crispy onions, Dijon mayo & fontina cheese
- Italian: Ham, salami, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato & garlic parmesan mayo
- Roast Beef: Oven roasted beef, onion jam & smoked gouda
Breakfast, daily specials and Panini’s are just a few highlights… The new menu also features soups, salads, wraps, gourmet hot dogs, sandwiches, burgers & quick bites. For a complete menu, please visit our website at www.islandresortandcasino.com.