Learn How to Play Let It Ride at Island Resort & Casino
Let It Ride uses a standard 52-card deck; it is a variation on casino Poker. The object of the game is to win on all the bets on the table.
You play with five cards but two of your five are “community” cards. Community cards are cards that everyone at the table can use as part of their five-card hand. In this game, the dealer deals the community cards face down and players have two opportunities to withdraw one-third of their initial three-part bet.
You are playing only for yourself and not against the house or the dealer. The dealer does not receive a hand in this game. If you don’t like your cards, you have two chances to decrease your bet and minimize your loss. The way to win is to hold a pair of Tens or better in your five-card hand.
How to Play Let it Ride
Each player places three equal bets on the table where indicated, usually by the symbols 1, 2 and $. At the appropriate time in the game, you can signal to withdraw your bets placed on the 1 or the 2. You can’t withdraw the third bet, placed on the $ symbol.
You can also make an optional, Three Card Bonus side-bet in addition to your standard, Let It Ride bet.
To start playing, the dealer starts from the left and deals three cards to each player. The dealer then places two community cards face-down on the table. Players may not look at each other’s cards until the game is over.
After looking at your three cards, you can ask the dealer to return your first bet back to you or you can “Let It Ride.” The table then moves on to the second round of play where the dealer will turn one of the community cards face-up.
After seeing the first community card, you can once again ask for your second bet back or you can “Let It Ride” once again. All players use the community cards as part of their five-card hand. All players will then tuck their cards, face-down, under the $ bet.
The dealer will then turn over the second community card. At this point the game is over. The dealer will then settle all hands.
All winning hands receive payouts according to our posted pay-table. Winning hands are as follows:
- Royal Flush: A, K, Q, J, 10 of the same suite.
- Straight Flush: This is a series of five cards in a row of the same suit. For example, a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 of hearts, this is a straight flush.
- Four of a Kind: Four of the same card, one from each suit. An example is four queens or four aces.
- Full House: This winning hand is a combination of three of one number and two of another. For example, three 6s and two 10s comprise this hand.
- Flush: A flush is five cards from the same suit in no particular order.
- Straight: A straight is five cards in sequential order but of no particular suit.
- Three of a Kind: All you need here are three of the same number or rank. The other two cards are not significant. Three queens, a 10 and a 3, for example, are sufficient.
- Two Pairs: Two pairs of any rank and a random card make up this hand. For example, two queens, two 6s and a 3 suffice.
- Tens or better: This is the lowest winning hand in the game, a pair of 10s or better and three random cards.
Things to Remember When Playing Let It Ride
At Island Resort & Casino, we are focused on providing an enjoyable and memorable gaming experience for every visitor. To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we hope you remember to:
- Ask for help: If you have questions regarding the rules of the game or the betting process, just ask. Our table supervisors and dealers are always available to answer questions and offer advice.
- Gamble responsibly: Gambling is a risk—never bet more than you can afford to lose. If you or a loved one have a gambling problem, we are here to help.
- Register for an Island Club Card: Before taking to the tables, be sure to register for an Island Club Card. With your club card in hand, you’ll earn rewards redeemable for hotel, dining and entertainment, as well as slot and bingo credits.
For help planning your next visit, please call 1-877-475-7375.