Learn to Play Roulette at Island Resort & Casino
Roulette is an exciting game that offers a wide range of betting options. Players are drawn to the roulette table for its excitement, chances at big wins and fast action.
How to Play Roulette
In roulette, a player’s betting options are categorized into inside or outside wagers.
Inside wagers include:
- Single numbers: Players may wager on a single number space, including 1-36, 0 and 00. If that number is rolled, the player wins.
- Split numbers: A player may also place a split wager, or a bet that covers two adjacent numbers on the grid. For example, a player may bet on 19 and 20, or 20 and 23. If the spin lands on either number in a split bet, the player wins.
- Corner bets: Players may bet on four adjacent numbers by placing their chips in the corner of the desired grid spaces. For example, a corner bet may be placed on 11, 12, 14 and 15. The player wins a corner bet if the spin lands on any of the four numbers.
Outside wagers include:
- Columns: Players may place bets on which column the mark will land in following the spin. By placing their chips in the space below a column of numbers, the player wagers that the spin will land on one of those numbers.
- Colors: Players may bet on which color they believe the spin will land on, either red or black. The player wins if the spin lands on any number in that color.
- Even or odd: Players may wager on whether the spin will land on an odd number or an even number. If the spin lands on 0 or 00, players who bet on even or odd lose.
- High or low: A high or low wager allows the player to select which number range they believe the next spin will fall within. The ranges are 1-18 (low) or 19-36 (high).
- Dozen: Like a high or low bet, the dozens bet allows players to wager on a range of numbers. In the dozens bet, players may select the first 12 (1-12), the second 12 (13-24), or the third 12 (25-36).
Additional bets are available. Please refer to the table layout, the dealer or the table supervisor for more information.
Winning bets are paid out based on pay tables set by the casino.
At Island Resort & Casino, the Roulette wheel is marked with numbers 1 through 36 and the spaces “0” and “00”. Numbered spaces are alternately colored red and black, while 0″ and “00” are green. The roulette table is laid out in a grid with spaces for several bets. To make a bet, the player places their chips into the specific area on the table.
To start action, players make their bets. Each player is given uniquely colored chips to help the dealer differentiate the wagers and identify the player making them. While bets are being made, the dealer spins the roulette ball in the opposite direction of the spinning wheel. Players can place bets until the ball begins to drop and the dealer announces an end to allowed betting.
When the ball falls into a number space on the roulette wheel, the dealer places a marker on the table to designate the winning space. Players whose bets win based on the number spun are paid. Players whose bets lose forfeit their wagers.
Following payment and collection of bets, a new round of betting and spin begins.
Things to Remember When Playing Roulette
At Island Resort & Casino, we are focused on providing an enjoyable and memorable gaming experience for every visitor. To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we hope you remember to:
- Ask for help: If you have questions regarding the rules of the game or the betting process, just ask. Our table supervisors and dealers are always available to answer questions and offer advice.
- Gamble responsibly: Gambling is a risk—never bet more than you can afford to lose. If you or a loved one have a gambling problem, we are here to help.
- Register for an Island Club card: Before taking to the tables, be sure to register for an Island Club Card. With your club card in hand, you’ll earn rewards redeemable for hotel, dining and entertainment, as well as slot and bingo credits.
For help planning your next visit, please call 1-877-475-7375.