Learn to Play Ultimate Texas Hold’em at Island Resort & Casino
A table-based variant of the classic poker game, Ultimate Texas Hold’em offers players the chance to go heads up against the dealer. Multiple betting options, a wide range of table limits and fast action make Ultimate Texas Hold’em the game of choice for many Island Resort and Casino visitors.
How to Play Texas Hold’em Poker
In Ultimate Texas Hold’em, players have several betting options. To start the hand, players must make equal bets into the ante and blind circles. Players may also make the optional Trips bonus bet.
- Ante and blind circles: Prior to the hand, each player must make equal bets into each of these circles. The amount of these bets is often determined by the table’s betting minimums.
- Trips bonus: An optional bet, the trips bonus pays odds if your final five-card hand equals three-of-a-kind or better. Payouts for Trips bets are based on the odds of obtaining a hand.
- Raise: Players may raise prior to the flop or at the conclusion of each round of action. Players can make only one raise per hand. The earlier a raise is made, the higher the value of the bet. For example, players who raise prior to the “flop”, may raise 3- or 4-times their original ante bet. The raise limit decreases following the “turn”, and again after the “river.”
Please refer to the table layout for payout details.
Ultimate Texas Hold’em Payouts at Island Resort & Casino
Ultimate Texas Hold’em is played with a standard deck of 52 cards. To begin the hand, the dealer places five cards, known as the community cards, face down on the table. Each player and the dealer are dealt two cards. Players look at their cards and make a decision to check or raise the ante bet.
The dealer turns over the community cards in two rounds. In the first round of play, known as the flop, the dealer reveals the first three community cards. The remaining two community cards are revealed simultaneously to complete the five-card community cards.
After each round, players have the chance to review the strength of their hand and make a raise if desired. At the conclusion of the second round, players must either match their original ante bet or fold.
Following the completion of all rounds and player bets, the dealer reveals his or her cards. In order to qualify, the dealer must hold at least a matched pair. If the dealer does not qualify, ante bets are returned to players. The dealer then compares their hand against those of the remaining players. The best poker hand wins.
Things to Remember When Playing Ultimate Texas Hold’em
At Island Resort and Casino, we are focused on providing an enjoyable and memorable gaming experience for every visitor. To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we hope you remember to:
- Ask for help: If you have questions regarding the rules of the game or the betting process, just ask. Our table supervisors and dealers are always available to answer questions and offer advice.
- Gamble responsibly: Gambling is a risk – never bet more than you can afford to lose. If you or a loved one have a gambling problem, we are here to help.
- Register for an Island Club card: Before taking to the tables, be sure to register for an Island Club Card. With your club card in hand, you’ll earn rewards redeemable for hotel, dining and entertainment, as well as slot and bingo credits.
For help planning your next visit, please call 1-877-475-7375.